- Registration must be made in advance.
- Athletes must hold a valid GBSF licence, which can be purchased from a GBSF member club or, exceptionally, on the day.
- No registrations will be accepted on the day.
- To contest a title, athletes must meet at least one eligibility requirement:
- a) hold a UK passport.
- b) are a permanent resident of the UK.
- c) have the legal right to live in the UK, currently live in the UK and have been a GBSF member for at least 6 months.
- Athletes ineligible on these terms may be offered fights but will not be able to contest a title.
- For athletes competing in the Championships, winning a category confers the title of ‘British Savate Assaut Champion’ for that year.
- To assume a title, an athlete must win at least one bout against another bona fide Championship athlete.
- Men: -56kg | 56-60kg | 60-65kg | 65-70kg | 70-75kg | 75-80kg | 80-85kg | 85kg+
- Women: -48kg | 48-52kg | 52-56kg | 56-60kg | 60-65kg | 65-70kg | 70-75kg | 75kg+
- Seniors (18-35 years) and veterans (35+) will compete in the same category.
- Juniors (under 18) will compete separately from adults in appropriate weight and age groups, unless they request otherwise.
- Athletes must be in possession of equipment in accordance with the GBSF Kit requirements.
- Kit will be checked before each fight and the decision of the DO is final.
- Athletes are required to wear long trousers (integrale in 1 or 2 piece, or tracksuit/leggings without zip) and not shorts.
- Athletes with substandard kit will not be allowed to compete.
- The weigh in times will be advertised well in advance
- Athletes can have three attempts within this time to ‘make the weight’ by dropping weight, but may not weigh into heavier categories on subsequent attempts.
- Athletes must weigh in to the category for which they were entered. There is no guarantee that athletes will be able to compete if they fail to ‘make weight’ at the third attempt.
Claims about decisions.
- An athlete’s corner may lodge a formal claim against a decision to the DO within 15 minutes of the end of the fight.
- For the claim to be taken into account, it must concern only a breach of rules, and not merely protest the judges’ decision.
- The DO’s ruling on appeals is final.
- The FIS Refereeing Rules for Savate Assaut on mats will be enforced.
- Officials (judges, timekeepers, referees) will be drawn from a list of GBSF or internationally qualified officials.
- All official matters and responsibilities are overseen by the Delegate Official (DO) who has the final say in all matters relating to arbitration.
- Officials who are also athletes will be assigned to a rota system and will be under the instruction of the DO for given periods of the event, and released to their athletic responsibilities for other periods.