Great Britain Savate Federation
Savate Assaut Competition
16th February 2013
Phoenix Sports Halls, Bloemfontein Road, London W12 7DB
10:30am – Weigh-in opens
11:00am – Weigh-in closes
11:30am – Fights start
5:30pm – Fights finish
6:00pm – Close
– Athletes must hold a valid GBSF licence, purchased from a GBSF member club or, exceptionally, on the day.
– The fee for each athlete is £15 in advance online before midnight on 31/01/2013 and £20 thereafter.
– Registration closes at midnight on Monday 11th Feb 2013. No entries will be accepted on the day.
– International athletes should contact the organisers via their coach or technical director
– Athletes who also assist as officials will receive a £5 discount on their entry fee.
– Spectator tickets are £5
– Men: -56kg, 56-60kg, 60-65kg, 65-70kg, 70-75kg, 75-80kg, 80-85kg, 85kg+
– Women: -48kg, 48-52kg, 52-56kg, 56-60kg, 60-65kg, 65-70kg, 70-75kg, 75kg+
– Seniors (18-35 years) and veterans (35+) will compete in the same category.
– Juniors (under 18) will compete separately, unless they request otherwise.
– Novices. Separate bouts between novice fighters can be arranged. Novice fighters usually have less than one year or two tournaments of experience. The Delegate Official and the athlete’s coach will confirm a novice’s status.
– Athletes must be in possession of equipment in accordance with the GBSF Kit requirements. Kit will be checked before each fight and the decision of the DO is final.
– Athletes with substandard kit will not be allowed to compete.
– The weigh in will be open from 10:30am-11:30am on the morning of the Championships. Athletes can have three attempts within this time to ‘make the weight’ by dropping weight, but may not weigh into heavier categories on subsequent attempts.
– Athletes may weigh-in to a category different from their inscription without penalty.
Order of play
– Bouts will consist of 3 x 1.5 minute rounds, with 1 minute rest between rounds.
– For categories with large numbers of athletes, a pool system may be used. For smaller numbers, a round robin system may be used.
– No titles will be awarded at this meeting.
Claims about decisions
– An athlete’s corner may lodge a formal claim against a decision to the DO within 15 minutes after the end of the bout. For the claim to be taken into account, it must concern only a breach of rules, and not merely protest the judges’ decision. The DO’s ruling on appeals is final.
– The FIS Refereeing Rules for Savate Assaut on mats will be enforced.
– Officials (judges, timekeepers, referees) will be drawn from a list of GBSF or internationally qualified officials. All official matters and responsibilities are overseen by the Delegate Official (DO) who has the final say in all matters relating to arbitration.
– Officials who are also athletes will be assigned to a rota system and will be under the instruction of the DO for given periods of the event, and released to their athletic responsibilities for other periods.