Great Britain Savate Federation / Birmingham Savate
Savate Assaut Competition
27th October 2013 2013, 10:30am-6:00pm (subject to change)
John Henry Newman Catholic college, Chemsley road, Chemsley road, Chemsley wood, Birmingham, B37 5GA
10:00am – Arrivals
10:30am – Weigh-in opens
11:30am – Weigh-in closes
12:00am – Fights start
5:30pm – Fights finish
6:00pm – Close
– Athletes must hold a valid GBSF licence, purchased from a GBSF member club or, exceptionally, on the day.
– Registration closes at midnight on Sunday 20th October 2013.
– The fee for each athlete is £15 in advance.
– Athletes who also assist as officials will receive a £5 discount on their entry fee.
– Spectator tickets are £5
– Registration must be made online by each athlete or their coach at www.savate.org.uk in advance.
– Men: -56kg, 56-60kg, 60-65kg, 65-70kg, 70-75kg, 75-80kg, 80-85kg, 85kg+
– Women: -48kg, 48-52kg, 52-56kg, 56-60kg, 60-65kg, 65-70kg, 70-75kg, 75kg+
– Seniors (18-35 years) and veterans (35+) will compete in the same category.
– Juniors (under 18) will compete separately, unless they request otherwise.
– No titles are awarded.
– Athletes must be in possession of equipment in accordance with the GBSF Kit requirements available to view at https://www.savate.org.uk/?q=kitrequirements . Kit will be checked before each fight and the decision of the DO is final.
– Athletes with substandard kit will not be allowed to compete.
– The weigh in will be open from 10:30am-11:30am. Athletes can have three attempts within this time to ‘make the weight’ by dropping weight, but may not weigh into heavier categories on subsequent attempts.
– Athletes may weigh-in to a category different from their inscription without penalty.
Order of play
– Bouts will consist of 3 x 1.5 minute rounds, with 1 minute rest between rounds.
– For categories with large numbers of athletes, a pool system or direction eliminations may be used. For smaller numbers, a round robin system may be used.
Claims about decisions
– An athlete’s corner may lodge a formal claim against a decision to the DO within 15 minutes of the end of the fight. For the claim to be taken into account, it must concern only a breach of rules, and not merely protest the judges’ decision. The DO’s ruling on appeals is final.
– The FIS Refereeing Rules for Savate Assaut on mats will be enforced.
– Officials (judges, timekeepers, referees) will be drawn from a list of GBSF or internationally qualified officials. All official matters and responsibilities are overseen by the Delegate Official (DO) who has the final say in all matters relating to arbitration.
– Officials who are also athletes will be assigned to a rota system and will be under the instruction of the DO for given periods of the event, and released to their athletic responsibilities for other periods.